Finishing Ends on Cord, Leather, Ribbon, String, or Wire Beaded Necklaces and Bracelets

I have shared tips on jewelry making in the past on this blog based on my experience with stretch cord, cotton cording, or wire.  Recently a friend ask me to make her a long suede corded necklace like one she bought and loved to wear often.  She wanted me to take a shorter bead necklace in another color that she had and re-make it into  something like he favorite necklace.  I easily found a matching color  leather cord to her short bead necklace and the similar crimps for finishings/findings to her favorite necklace at my local craft store (links to Amazon examples).  I insiticitvely knew what to do, but thought I should look for an instructional video before starting just ot be certain.  Below is an 8.5 minute video I found for finishing 5 types of ribbon, suede/leather strips, or flat vinyl/cotton cording.

To see others techniques, view post on finishing the ends of beaded necklaces or bracelets made on wire in the post How to Attach Clasps to Jewelry Creations or Replace if Beads Break near Clasp.  You can use the crimp cover noted in that video to cover knots at the end of stretch bracelets or knots in other types cords and strings for a more finished look.  See also post on Knotting pearls for safety for how to do knots and ends of beads on string or thin cording.

No comments: