Losing Those Last Few Pounds or Inches

Standard Plank Exercise
In my last diet post, I did not quite make my goal of losing desired inch in the waistline (for a total of 8+ inches).  I also decided to lose four more pounds so I would be on the low end of my ideal weight zone and could say I actually lost over 40 pounds.  In the past I shared how quickly I lost weight in phase one and phase two of my diet and then slower in phase three on a weekly basis.  It was harder in this phase to lose the little weight.  I am not making excuses for myself nor do I want this longer phase to discourage others who might want to follow the same plan.  These last few inches and pounds took longer because I traveled three times, so I was not walking and exercising as I should even though I was still eating correctly.  I often did walk over an hour a day, but it was not all at one time and it was at a slow leisurely pace to look at things around me rather than doing interval walking.  At the end of each trip, I was ill or suffered an injury that also set things back.  Fortunately my weight mostly only went up a pound one week and then down again the next week, my waist size was about half inch change up and down too.  Even with that over all 4 phases (about 10 months), I am happy to say my figure has returned to an hourglass shape and I am down four jean sizes!

These few months were proof that sticking to a routine is necessary to reach your goal and you must make time to exercise. Just remember - good habits take time to develop and healthy weight loss is slow but is more beneficial than fast plans, as you are changing bad habits into good practices. Also always consult a doctor before starting a diet or exercise or diet program!

Phase 4 GOAL = Lose 1 more inches in waistline and 4 more pounds
Week 25 = Lost 1/2 inch around waist plus gained 1 pound
Weeks 26 = Lost 0 inch around waist plus lost 3 pounds
*Weeks 27 = Lost 0 inch around waist plus lost 0 pounds
*Weeks 28 = Lost 0 inch around waist plus gained 1 pound 
Weeks 29 = Lost 1/2 inch around waist plus lost 0 pounds
Weeks 30 = Gained 1 inch around waist plus lost 1 pound
*Weeks 31 = Lost 0 inch around waist plus lost 1 pound 
*Weeks 32 = Lost 0 inch around waist plus gained 1 pound 
Weeks 33 = Gained 1/2 inch around waist plus lost 0 pounds
*Weeks 34 = Lost 0 inch around waist plus lost 0 pounds 
Weeks 35 = Lost 1/2 inch around waist plus lost 0 pounds
Weeks 36 = Lost 0 inch around waist plus lost 0 pounds
*Weeks 37 = Lost 1/2 inch around waist plus lost 0 pounds
*Weeks 38 = Lost 1 inch around waist plus lost 2 pounds - ALL GOALS ACHIEVED!
Week 39 = Lost 0 inch around waist plus lost 0 pounds - Maintained size from previous week
Week 40 = Lost 0 inch around waist plus lost 1 pound - Still maintaining!

*Note:  Weeks 27, 31, 34 were travel while 28, 32 were health issues.

In the final 3 weeks above, after seeing a news blurb on planking, I added that to my floor exercises.   I believe the floor exercises were the key to changing my waist size and body shape.  And I know the healthy diet and walking were what made the weight loss happen.  Here is a video of the modified plank for beginners that I added to my floor exercise time.  I started planks with 15 seconds the first 3 days, then 20 the next 5, then 25 seconds the following weeks.

Always consult a doctor before starting a diet or exercise program!

No comments: