Knotting Pearls for Safety

I love to wear pearls: faux, mother-of, tin cup, freshwater - it does not matter.    However, with my long hair I do find it easier to wear pearls that are knotted.  When I wear unknotted pearls, I find that I must wear my hair up.  Otherwise it gets caught between pearls and gets pulled on as I move my head.  So I decided I had to find out how to knot pearls.  Another great feature of knotting, is security because if the strand gets broken you are not scrambling to pick-up pearls since only 1 would fall off.  Below is a good 4-minute video I found on YouTube for how to knot pearls and beads. It could be time consuming but seems pretty easy to do.  Also, before starting, you will need to know how to put the clasps on each end of the strand, you can see that in the 2nd 4-minute video below.  For step-by-step instructions outside of the videos, visit ArtBeds' How to Knot Pearls with a Clasp.

If you plan to get into making your own jewelry, check out the neat tool that JTV.com offers called Beadalon Knotter Tool. It should make the job faster. They have a video on the site that shows how to use the tool, but there is no audio with their video.  Watch for my next post on pearls as fashion accessories. 




No comments: