Mom’s Stove Top Baked Beans


I’ve mentioned before that my mom and my husband both love recipes.  This a recipe of my Mom’s that she gave my husband since he loves baked beans.  It is an easy recipe.  It is perfect for picnics, as you can cover it with a lid and take it in the same pan you make it in.

Stove Top Baked Beans recipe

Ingredients:
2 cans (1 lb. each) Pork and Beans, drained
½ cup sugar
1 small can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon vinegar
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 onion, chopped,
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon yellow mustard
¼ teaspoon chili powder
2 or 3 slices of bacon

Directions:
1.       In a large Dutch oven, chop and fry bacon.
2.       Then fry onion in bacon grease, until begins to turn clear.  Drain remaining grease.
3.       Add all the rest of the ingredients, except beans.  Simmer 30 minutes.
4.       Drain beans well and add to the sauce.  Simmer 30 minutes more. 

No comments: