Quick Chicken Alfredo Soup

Like my mother, I like soup and have shared my recipes on this blog before.  I have seen recipes for from-scratch  Chicken Alfredo Soup and easy recipes using a  jar of Alfredo Sauce to create a soup.  I wanted to try this soup but without pasta so it would be less carbs.  I decided to make my own version as a pantry soup (meaning you keep most items ready in your pantry so you can make it anytime).

You need the following ingredients:
1/2 Roasted Chicken 
2 cups Chicken Broth
1 (20 oz) can Alfredo Sauce
1 (15 oz) can Peas and diced Carrots

Bring everything to a boil in pan, then reduce heat to let simmer for 6 minutes.
Makes 4 bowls of about 1.5 cups each.

NOTES:
  • I use the meat from thighs, legs, and wings for the 1/2 I put in soup.  I eat the breasts at other meals or chop them up for chicken salad.  Also, you can substitute 2 large (approx.10 oz) cans of Chicken Breast for the roasted if you want to have ingredients handy in your pantry for a quick meal.
  • If you are using a 14-15 oz jar of sauce instead of Hormel Simmer & Satisfy Skillet Meal Starter Chicken in Alfredo Sauce like I use (not really much chicken in there), reduce broth to 1 & 1/2 cup.  
  • Do NOT add SALT as it is already salty from broth and sauce.  Soup may seem bland to people who like some spice, so I recommend adding pepper or turmeric as desired into serving bowl rather than putting it in the pan.  This lets the people you are serving decide how they like the soup.  Kids may even want to put a little grated Parmesan or other shredded cheese on top.
  • I added the veggies for color and to stretch the recipe a little.  If you do not want to drain veggies, then you will need to reduce broth to 1 & 1/2 cup to allow for the water in can.
  • If you don't like peas and carrots, consider making Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo or using diced potatoes instead so it seems more like chowder.
Other soup recipes on this blog include:
My Chicken and Rice Soup with Sage Seasoning
Grandma’s Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe
Our Verde Carnitas Soup and Recipe Variations

No comments: