What necklace to wear and is the closet overflowing?

More Magazine
October 2012 cover
The October issue of More magazine had many good articles about fashion and even one on organizing fashions to meet your current style.  My favorite fashion tips were in the 5-page spread of jewelry.  What necklace(s) to wear with each neckline, runway rings and earrings, stacking bracelet trends (still bangling on), and Fall jewlery.  Those pages featured or mentioned many TV shopping designers (Iris Apfel, Judith Ripka, R.J.Graziano) and more.  They say it is okay to wear fashion verses fine jewelry.  Hey – it is great to mix and match your fine and faux too!  Jackie Kennedy Onassis did it and there is no greater American fashion icon that that woman!  Just check out her jewelry copies on QVC shopping channel.  Also, while searching the site for the recent articles, I found this interesting article to determining your right necklace lengths based on the size of your head!

The organizing article was about getting stuff out of your closet that you do not wear called “Lose the clutter, find your style.”  On-line is a slide-show of some results from the de-clutter closet action.  It was about wearing everything in your closet so you can decide what new outfits you could make and what items you could now live without.  Working at a fashion magazine made it easier for the writer to get opinions from those around her on what to keep and discard without emotional fixations. I admit I am one of the people she talks about who clean out their closets a couple of times a year and sometimes put back stuff I shouldn’t.  I once tried the “wear it or dump it” system with my skirt collection.  If it looked dumpy, tired, or had no top that matched in a flattering way – out it went.  This resulted in a few tops losing their space in my closet as well. Read the article and try this method for yourself to see if this might work for you.  

1 comment:

magic said...

Helpful information. Fortunate me I found your site by accident, and I am stunned why this twist of fate did not took place in advance! I bookmarked it.


shell beads wholesale