Chicken Rice Casserole Recipe

Ok, I get the message, as I have been told the recipes on my blog are a little dessert heavy.  After all:
My family loves to bake,
And we eat what we make.

Anyway, below is a main dish recipe that my husband got from our friend Angie.  Next to My Chicken Rice Soup or Grandma’s Vegetable Beef Soup, it was one of my Mom’s favorites.  She always loved it when he surprised her with this casserole made with her favorites of bacon, chicken, and rice.  The only dish she loved more was when he made his Corn Sausage Dressing for holidays.

Chicken Rice Casserole recipe

Ingredients:
1 whole chicken cut-up (or 6 split chicken breast pieces)
1 box Uncle Ben’s Original Wild Rice
1 can Cream of Celery soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
6 strips of bacon

Directions:
1.       Line bottom of oblong 8”x13” casserole dish with 3 strips of bacon.
2.       Mix rice, soups, and ½ the packet of seasoning (found in rice box).
3.       Pour rice mixture over bacon in dish.
4.       Lay chicken on top of rice mixture.  Sprinkle remaining seasoning packet over chicken.
5.       Lay remaining 3 pieces of bacon over chicken.  Cove dish with foil.
6.       Bake for 1 ½ hours at 350 degrees.


No comments: