Grandma's Recipe Box: Creamy Baked Chicken

I personally do not remember eating this casserole at grandma's house.  However, it seems very familiar so I think my mom must have made this for us or something very similar.  My brothers loved almost anything made with noodles, spaghetti, or macaroni especially if cheese was included too.  My mom liked dishes made with pasta as they went further and often cost less for her large family.  Once she started working outside-the-home, for quick meals we had a lot of Hamburger Helper!

If you like chicken casseroles, you may also want to check out my Mom's Chicken Tortilla Casserole, my spouse's Chicken Rice Casserole, or rotisserie Chicken Chalupa Casserole recipes.

Creamy Baked Chicken

Ingredients:

Casserole:
8 oz. package elbow macaroni, cooked
2 cups diced chicken
1 cup mild cheddar cheese
10 1/2 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon mustard

Topping:
1 cup soft bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons butter

Steps:
  1. Combine all casserole ingredients.
  2. Put in buttered 2 quart casserole dish.
  3. Toss bread crumbs with melted butter.  Sprinkle over top.
  4. Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 50 or 60 minutes. 



No comments: